Thursday 14 July 2011

wool

I've recently finished a couple of wool creations and I thought maybe some photos of them were in order.
The first is a gryffindor scarf I made with the intention of wearing it to the midnight session of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II, which I did. This scarf has therefore been through a lot already in its short life, given that it was cried on during the entire film.

I'm rather proud of how it turned out; granted it wasn't the most authentic looking of all the gryffindor scarves that people were wearing in the cinema, but I think because it doesn't scream "Harry Potter merchandise", I'll feel more comfortable wearing it everywhere, which I intend to. 

The second thing I've finished recently is a crocheted bag I started ages ago but abandoned once I'd finished making all the little squares. But yesterday I didn't have anything to do, so I figured I'd make the lining and the strap and put it all together. 

It's just big enough to carry a few things around, and I think it'll be pretty perfect to take to uni. The only drawback is that I doubt I'll ever want to put it down lest it get dirty or damaged in any way. 


That's all for now - I've just started drawing again though, so I'll probably upload some of my newest scribbles pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment