Tuesday 7 June 2011

tattoos

I'm still on supposed study time off from uni before exams, so I haven't really been drawing much recently. However, I like putting things on here, so I thought I'd share my unit 4 work that I did last year for visual communication and design. 

Basically, I designed tattoos for a tattoo parlour I called 'Ink Well' (it's a clever play on words. That's how I roll). My idea was that this parlour would be different; It wouldn't be like the typical images that the idea of a tattoo parlour conjures up. It would be clean, calm, and provide a wide selection of unique and diverse tattoo designs, and would also allow people to alter these as they wished, as well as bring in their own designs. I designed ten tattoos, and then mounted them on wood and made the wall that would be the main feature of the parlour's foyer. These are the aforementioned designs. I hope you like them.











And here's the wall that was my final.


It was so huge that at the end of the year I pried the individual designs off it with a screwdriver (liquid nails are hard to break), and left the plain wall in the art rooms. When asked what to do with it I think I mumbled something about taking it to a tip or burning it. There was no way I was carrying that home.

No comments:

Post a Comment